- Jake, the "Heart-throbber", as described in the promo. Michelle is shown to have a major crush on him, although he feels the exact opposite way about her. Jake is also arrogant, and does not let girls into his tree house. He is shown in one episode smoking a marijuana joint cigarette. It was later reavealed he and Jessie liked each other, when they kissed in public after their belts got caught on each other.
- Marcus, the "Jock", has a crush on Michelle, but Michelle is oblivious to this. He is shown as a troublemaker, as well. In one episode, he describes a crude prank he played on an old man.
- Freddy, the "Nerd", is shy and reserved. He has a crush on Jessie. She does not share the same feelings, and expresses this to him in an episode when he asks her to meet him after school. In several episodes, he is shown reading.
- Michelle, the "Ditz", is, in most ways, a stereotypical 'dumb blonde.' She is oblivious to Marcus's crush on her, and has a huge crush on Jake instead. She is shown as annoying and bothersome to most, especially Jessie. She tends to say things without thinking before she says them, resulting in her being injured by those angry at her. She is not very athletic either, and is shown in one episode as not even able to properly throw a snowball.
- Jessie, the "Goth", and the last of the main characters, is easily angered and hates most people. She wears all black and has pale skin. She has violent tendencies, usually towards other people who upset or annoy her. She seems to be a smart person, although ironically, in one episode, she somehow managed to glue her hands to her face. It was revealed that she liked Jake after the two publicly kissed.
| WARNING! This section may contain spoilers.|
If you don't wish to spoil the ending to this series for yourself, it is recommended you do not read this section.
At first, the series had no storyline, focusing just on the daily antics of the five main characters. After Jessie and Jake publicly kissed, the storyline began to develop into a more dramatic plot. Because of Michelle's crush on Jake, Michelle and Jessie's friendship falls apart. After Jessie calls a sex line on the phone and gives the phone to Michelle, claiming it is Jake, Michelle tells Marcus about her conversation with 'Jake', and Marcus becomes angry at Jake, who used to be his friend. Freddy, meanwhile, is angry at Jake for taking Jessie away from him. After several (failed) attempts to get revenge on Jake, he ends up in prison. Jake and Jessie, who were happy in their realationship but sad about ruinging their friendships with Michelle, Marcus and Freddy, decide to break up after two weeks of dating. The aftermath of the story is then told from Jessie's, who is now several years older, point of view. It is shown that she was reading her old journal form her days at Bitstrip High.